WSIS Project Prizes 2015
The contest of WSIS Project Prizes is a unique recognition for excellence in the implementation of WSIS outcomes. The call for update and new entries 2014-2015 was launched on 15 December 2014.
All Stakeholders are invited to submit entries online: www.wsis.org/prizes2015#Submit
The WSIS Project Prizes 2015 contest provides a platform to identify and showcase success stories and models that could be easily replicated; empower communities at the local level; give a chance to all stakeholders working on WSIS to participate in the contest, and particularly recognize the efforts of stakeholders for their added value to the society and commitment towards achieving WSIS goals. The contest is open to all stakeholders, entities representing governments, private sector, international and regional institutions, civil society and academia.
The deadline for the receipt of submissions for the contest for WSIS Project Prizes 2015 is 10 February 2015.
Please note the schedule of the contest below:
- Phase I: 10 December – 10 February 2015 - Submission phase (Deadline for last submission: 23:00 Geneva time).
- Phase II: 10 February - 10 March 2015 - Nomination Phase. Revision of submitted projects by Expert Group that will result with a list of nominated projects.
- Phase III: 15 March - 1 May 2015 - Public Online Voting. Identification of three projects per category with the highest number of votes. (Deadline for casting last vote: 23:00 Geneva time)
- Phase IV: 2 May - 5 May 2015 - Selection of winning projects by the Expert Group that will result with a list of winning projects.
- Phase V: Announcement of winners to the public during WSIS Project Prizes 2015 Ceremony at WSIS Forum 2015, scheduled to be held from 25 to 29 May 2015, and the release of publication "WSIS Stocktaking: Success Stories 2015", which is a compilation of extended descriptions of the 18 winning projects.
WSIS Stocktaking Report 2015
The call for update and new entries 2014-2015 was launched. All Stakeholders are invited to submit entries online. Entries submitted to the WSIS Stocktaking Database will be reflected in the WSIS Stocktaking Report 2015 which will be released at WSIS Forum 2015. We look forward to receiving your responses to this call by 30th January 2015.
The results of the previous call for update and new entries were presented in the sixth edition of the Report on WSIS Stocktaking reflecting more than 1000 WSIS-related activities for the period May 2013-May 2014. The WSIS Stocktaking Report 2014 was released on the occasion of the WSIS+10 High-Level Event.
This annual report highlights more than 1000 worldwide projects and initiatives aimed at implementation of the WSIS outcomes, details of which are provided on the WSIS Stocktaking Platform. It bears witness to the scale of the efforts made by numerous stakeholders, including governments, the private sector, civil society and international organizations, towards building the information society and bridging the digital divide, contributing to sustainable development. The progress made has been achieved thanks to multi-stakeholder collaboration in achieving the WSIS goals.