The e-Agriculture Community
e-Agriculture is a global Community of Practice, made of people from all over the world who exchange information, ideas and resources about the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) for sustainable agriculture and rural development.
With over 8,000 individual members from more than 160 countries and territories, the e-Agriculture Community includes information and communication specialists, researchers, people in rural institutions, farmers, policy makers, business people, students, development practitioners, staff at NGOs/CSOs and in international institutions and governments. All these people benefit from teh experiences and good practices shared within the Community.
The Community's mission
Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for institutions and individuals in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, natural resource management and rural development to share knowledge, learn from others, and improve decision making about the vital role of ICTs to empower rural communities, improve rural livelihoods, and build sustainable agriculture and food security.
What does the Community do?
We work towards our mission through collaboration with colleagues and partners around the globe. In its simplest form, knowledge exchange is about starting constructive dialogue. That is why one of the Community's most popular activities is the online forum series. Forum topics are demand-driven, and lead by partner institutions who specialize in diff¬erent areas of e-agriculture.
The Community is active on three levels:
- on in the Internet in a space designed for sharing and collaboration www.e-agriculture.org
- at face-to-face events, including ICT for development (ICT4D) conferences and meetings
- through the projects and interventions of members in developing countries
Why you should join the e-Agriculture Community today
As part of the e-Agriculture Community, you will:
- keep on top of the latest issues in the field and receive timely news on events, meetings and related resources;
- participate in global discussions about key ICT-related topics, learn from others and share your own knowledge;
- promote the ICT4D work that you and your institution are leading;
- connect with other members of this growing Community, find partnerships and expand your network
Learn and share. Engage with us. www.e-agriculture.org
For more information contact the e-Agriculture Team at: email@example.com